As soon as you finish booking your RTE session, you can start to work on some other ways to increase your self-efficacy:
· Learn new skills that will help you with that new task that you need to accomplish
· Redefine your idea of failure. You didn’t fail just because things didn’t work out the way you originally planned them.
· Quit worrying about what others think. That’s their problem.
· Identify and clarify thoughts, feeling and actions. Pinpoint the fear and how it may affect you so that you are prepared for when it arises.
· Focus on your strengths and talents. If you aren’t sure what they are, ask the people close to you.
· Give yourself permission to not only fail but to celebrate the failure and the learning that came from it.
· Break your projects into smaller tasks.
· Focus on the task at hand rather than on the negative self-talk going on in your mind.